Kmsraj51 की कलम से…..
Body Polishing At Home
We come across many tempting spa packages which offer body polishing services, amongst others. Lets see what exactly is done in a body polishing session.
What is Body Polishing?
It is a process of exfoliating the body skin, and also moisturizing it, in order to get healthy, glowing skin. It can be compared to a facial. The steps would essentially remain the same. The most commonly used materials for preparing a body polish at home are sugar, salt, honey, oats, walnut shell powder, olive oil, etc.
Why Body Polishing?
Body polishing aims at removing dead skin from the surface, and allows new cells to grow. It helps in skin firming, moisturising, repairing sun-damage, improving oxygen supply to the skin, repairing damaged and dehydrated skin, etc.
How can I get my body polished?
You may get your body polished at your favorite spa, or you can prepare a homemade body polishing kit for yourself (details in a subsequent post).
How much does it cost?
In a spa, a body polishing session will cost you anything between 2000-5000 bucks, depending on where you get it done from.
Is it safe and effective?
Yes, it is safe and very effective, if done by trained therapists, and following the right procedure. Also, using the right products, according to your skin type, is very important.
How frequently can I get it done?
It is generally advisable to get a body-polish done once a month.
What is the body polishing process?
A typical in-salon body polishing session will comprise of the following steps:
You will be taken to a sauna cubicle, with a therapy table. You will be asked to lie down, and allow the steam to open up all pores on the skin, and prepare the skin for the steps to follow.
A scrub suitable for your skin type will then be applied on the body, and the body will be scrubbed gently. This will remove all dead skin cells, and any toxins that may have come to the surface from
Step -1 above.
The body will then be wiped with a hot, moist towel.
Next, the body will be massaged with aromatic essential oils, like lavender, patchouli, etc, depending on your skin type. This will moisturize the skin, and the aromatics will lead to relaxation.
After 10-15 minutes, you will be required to take a shower with warm water. Using soap or body shower gel is not advisable at this time, as we want to keep the oils on the skin. You may wipe the body with warm, damp towel, alternatively.
Tips for in-salon body polishing sessions:
- Always go only to a reputed salon, your safety is as important as the hygiene concerns.
- Before getting into the therapy room/ sauna room/ shower cubicle, ensure that the room has been properly cleaned and sanitized. You don’t want to get an infection from somebody who was in the room before you.
- Always ask for fresh laundry. No compromises here.
- For your satisfaction, you may check the products that will be used on your body before-hand. You have the right to do this!
- Ensure that your spa therapist has clean uniform and hands. Ask her to sanitize her hands before starting the session.
Sounds so very luxurious, doesn’t it! And once in a while, it is heavenly to head to a spa, but considering the cost, making this a routine is impossible for everyone! So here we tell you how you can do it yourself at home!
Why natural body polishing at home?
Natural body polishing at home with home remedies can save you on travel time, money, and you won’t be under any pressure about reaching the spa on time! And you know what exactly is going into the body polish, and you can customize the products to best suit your body, with some experience.
Below are some methods for you to easily do body polishing procedure at home:
The basic steps, using a loofah/ pumice stone:
You will need:
- A loofah or pumice stone
- Olive oil
- Home-made body scrub or ready made scrub which suits your skin
Method: Take a warm water shower first. Then apply warm olive oil onto your skin and massage for 5-10 minutes. Now exfoliate the skin using a body scrub. Do this for 5-10 minutes. Be very gentle on your skin. You may use a loofah and body wash alternatively. Next, gently scrub the hard patches on your skin, like elbows, knees and heels using a pumice stone to get rid of dead skin. Take a shower again, and apply dollops of your favorite moisturizer on your skin.
Some recipes for home-made body scrubs:
- Salt, Sugar and Honey body polish: Mix half a cup each of salt (preferably organic) and sugar, with half cup of honey, in a bowl. Use this on your body after a warm shower to gently exfoliate and moisturize the skin.
- Sugar, orange and olive oil polish: Mix together 2/3rdcup of brown sugar (or white sugar), ½ cup of dried and powdered orange peel, and ½ cup olive oil to prepare a scrub. Use this on the body after a warm shower, and then rinse off.
- Strawberry and sugar body polish: Blend 4-5 strawberries and ½ cup of sugar with some honey in a blender, and use it on the body.
So, go ahead and make your own homemade body polishes..Happy blending!
For more health article visit at http://www.stylecraze.com/
यदि आपके पास हिंदी या अंग्रेजी में कोई Article, Inspirational Story, Poetry या जानकारी है जो आप हमारे साथ share करना चाहते हैं तो कृपया उसे अपनी फोटो के साथ E-mail करें. हमारी Id है: firstname.lastname@example.org. पसंद आने पर हम उसे आपके नाम और फोटो के साथ यहाँ PUBLISH करेंगे. Thanks!!
Also mail me ID: email@example.com (Fast reply)
अगर जीवन में सफल हाेना हैं. ताे जहाँ १० शब्दाें से काेई बात बन जाये वहा पर
१०० शब्द बाेलकर अपनी मानसिक और वाणी की ऊर्जा को नष्ट नहीं करना चाहिए॥
जिनके संकल्प में दृढ़ता की शक्ति है, उनके लिए हर कार्य सम्भव है।
_______Copyright © 2014 kmsraj51.com All Rights Reserved.________